Saturday, April 14, 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Sunday, April 1, 2012
My girls are all about fun hair stuff. Cute bows and barettes can get expensive. Here's a quick and easy way to make lots of them for little money...you can make enough to match all their favorite outfits! They're especially fun to match with bandana dresses :-)
Here's what you need:
Plain hair clips
Satin or grossgrain ribbon (1/2" - 7/8" in width)
Hot glue gun
Here's what you do:
1. Cut approximately 4-6 inches of ribbon.
2. Turn ribbon over so non-printed side is facing up.
3. Place a small dab of glue in center of ribbon and place one end of ribbon on glue.
4. Place another small dab of glue in center again - on top of first glued-down end.
5. From the side, it should look like this:
6. Cut a small, approximately 1.5-2" length of ribbon.
7. Place a small dab of glue on top of already glued ends - glue down one end of small piece of ribbon.
8. Put two small lines of glue on top of already glued area (yep, AGAIN) - and glue down the top of the barrette.
9. Open barrette, wrap other end of the small piece of ribbon around the front of the bow, and glue the other end of the small piece of ribbon to underside of open barrette.
Posted by Shannon at 6:33 PM