Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Water Bottle Holder
I DETEST bottled water. All those nasty single-use bottles that more often than not wind up in the trash rather than recycle bin. And the water itself winds up being exponentially more money than the same amount of water costs from the tap. I won't go all soap-boxey on you, because then I'll just sound like a hypocrite. In "emergency" situations we pick up a bottle of water if we've happened to forget the reusable ones at home. The other day at Trader Joe's was an example. The water fountain was out of service and my little ones (and me) were THIRSTY. So we picked up a bottle to share. What to do with the damn thing later? Of course we'll reuse it - but maybe make it BETTER. Better, Faster, Stronger (I'm on a 6 Million Dollar Man kick lately).
So we added a cute little strap to make it easier for the kids to carry around (keeps their hands free to hold more important things like dolls and legos and books).
Here's what you need:
Empty water bottle
Here's whatcha do:
1. Pull out a long strip of duct tape - about 2 or 2.5 feet long, depending on how long you want your strap to be.
2. Fold the tape over on itself so there's no sticky spots left.
3. Put the ends of the "strap" on either side of the bottle, about halfway up. Hold it there temporarily with scotch tape.
4. Take another strip of duct tape - about 8 inches long and wrap it around the middle of the bottle - covering up the ends of the strap (and label if you want).
5. Go for a walk and have your hands free to walk your dog! Or whatever. Enjoy!
Posted by Shannon at 9:37 PM