It's that time of year again - Mother's Day, Father's Day, end of the school year...Here's a cute, easy, inexpensive "thanks for all you do" gift that you and your kids can do together.
Here's what you need:
The basic salt dough recipe from Christmas (in case you forgot: http://www.busycraftymom.com/2011/12/dough-ornaments.html)
Cookie cutters (or glass to make circles)
Silver spray paint
Here's what you do:
1. Mix up a batch of the dough and roll it out.
2. Cut into desired shapes and add little holes for hanging.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour.
4. Paint with silver spray paint to make them all shiney and metallic. Works best to do it outside - put them on some alluminum foil so you don't make a mess. This is an adult ONLY job and you need to do it outdoors - or you'll get a headache :-p
5. Let them dry OUTSIDE for at least 6 hours. You may want to apply a second coat.
7. Put wire through hole to make a loop and string some wire through (sorry, were so excited about finishing them, we forgot to take pics!)
8. Gift away! We made ones for our mothers, fathers, grandparents, godparents, and teachers :-)