Monday, February 20, 2012
World's Best Cornbread
My kiddos are huge fans of anything corn-related (must be their Wisconsin heritage). This is a really easy, super yummy recipe for cornbread (aka "Johnnycake")!
Here's what you need:
2 boxes "Jiffy" corn muffin mix
2/3 cup milk
1 can corn (drained)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (could also use mexican-style blend or similar cheese)
Here's what you do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dump everything into a big bowl.
3. Stir. It will be a little lumpy.
4. Grease a 13x9" pan - pour the mixture in.
5. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Posted by Shannon at 4:54 PM