Monday, February 20, 2012
Saw this fabulous idea on Share & Remember and HAD to try! I altered her "recipe" a little bit, to match what I had in my kitchen. My kids LOVED it!
Here's what you need:
A bag of uncooked white rice
Rubbing alcohol or vodka (I used vodka 'cause I was out of rubbing alcohol)
Here's what you do:
1. Put one cup of rice into each zip-lock bags (I used 5 total).
2. Pour one "glug" of vodka/rubbing alcohol into each bag (about 3 tablespoons).
3. Drip a few drops of food coloring into each bag.
4. Shake 'em up to distribute the alcohol/food coloring evenly.
5. Pour the rice onto cookie trays and place outside to try (we had a 60 degree sunny day...in the sun the trays took about 30 minutes to dry).
6. Mix 'em together and have fun!
Posted by Shannon at 4:45 PM