We went to a Curious George storytime hosted by our local university the other day and the Tucson Children's Museum was hosting this adorable craft. My kiddos are both huge monkey lovers and LOVED it!
Here's what you need:
Glue (hot glue gun works fastest, but obviously white glue is safer for kids to use themselves - so whatever floats your boat)
Here's what you do:
1. Print out the monkey template and cut out.
2. Color the front/back of the monkey.
3. Cut one brown pipecleaner in half.
4. Make an "X" with two full-sized pipecleaners and wrap the tip of the cut one around the center and let it drop down through the middle of the "X."
5. Glue the "X" to the non-colored side of the BACK of the monkey - so the "X" forms arms/legs and the cut pipecleaner forms a tail.
6. Add more glue to the back of the uncolored side of the FRONT of the monkey and lay it on top of the back.
7. Start monkeyin' around :-)