My wonderful mother gave me the idea for this one - and helped me make them! We spent a fun afternoon with my kids making them as baby gifts for some friends.
Here's what you need:
Two different colors of fleece fabric (I made the one seen here for babies - so I used 1.5 yards of each color. For older kids, I'd use two to three yards) - works best to use one printed fabric and one coordinating solid color.
Here's what you do:
1. Pin the two fabrics together (if your fabric has an unprinted side - make sure it is the side facing IN - so the printed side is showing when the fabrics are pinned together).
2. Cut off any excess to make them the exact same size (this will only be necessary if you have different yardage of each color or the fabrics came from different-sized bolts).
3. Cut a four-inch square from each corner. Make sure you cut BOTH colors of fabric.
4. Lay the measuring tape along one edge - four inches from the edge. Using your chalk, make small marks approximately two inches apart.
5. Cut four-inch long strips along the edge. Again, you will be cutting BOTH colors of fabric at once.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 along the remaining three sides.
7. You will have two sets of strips on each edge - one on top of the other. Gently tie the strips together.
8. Snuggle up!