Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Valentines Day Paint Chip Bookmarks
I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to try it out! So the next time I was at the hardware store I picked up some red and and pink paint chips and we went to town!
Here's what you need:
Red/pink paint chips from any hardware store
Ribbon (I used the thin satin ribbon you can find for about 50 cents per roll at any fabric store)
Heart-shaped punch (you can get these for a couple bucks in the scrapbooking section of your favorite craft store)
Standard hole punch
Here's what you do:
1. Cut the paint chips to the size you want your bookmark to be. Our paint chips were kind of wide and tall, so we cut off the two lightest colors and the edge where the words were.
2. Using the heart-shaped punch, punch hearts along the edge of the paint chip, one in each band of color.
3. With the standard hole punch, add a hole to the top.
4. Cut about 6 inches of ribbon, thread through the hole, and tie it off.
5. Put inside your favorite book :-)