Thursday, January 19, 2012
I saw this on Pinterest (my favorite cyber-pastime)...and "improved" the recipe to make it easier and faster for us busy mamas. This will make about two dozen cookies.
Here's what you need:
A jar of Nutella
A tube of premade sugar cookie dough
Here's what you do:
1. Place a sheet of wax paper onto a cookie sheet and spoon about 1/2-3/4 tablespoon drops of Nutella onto the wax. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
2. While the Nutella is freezing, crack open the cookie dough and roll inch-wide balls. Place the balls onto your cookie sheet, leaving about two inches between them. Squash the balls with your palm so they become flat circles.
3. Take your frozen Nutella drops out of the freezer and place one in the center of each circle.
4. Roll more dough balls (same size) and squash them on your palm. Place them over the frozen Nutella drops and squish the edges together gently.
5. Cook according to your cookie dough directions. Mine was Pillsbury - I cooked mine at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes (took a little longer than the directions said).
6. Take off cookie sheet right away to cool.
Posted by Shannon at 8:42 PM